Open Your Studio
Open your studio for The 14th Annual South Orange/Maplewood Artists Studio Tour in 2017! Watch here for details.
Held the first Sunday in June, this year's Tour is Saturday June 3 & Sunday, June 4th from 11:00am to 5pm. Presented by the Pierro Gallery of South Orange and 1978 Maplewood Arts Center, the Tour is a celebration of local artists.
Each year, hundreds of visitors flock to the studios of our local talent to view art, purchase directly, and personally experience the exciting work environment of artists.
If you are currently unable to open you home studio, there are several commercial venues and alternative exhibition spaces available, just ask us for more information.
We hope you will become a part of this vibrant local tradition!
Deadline for all applications is April 1, 2017.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: April 1st, 2017. (You must register by this date to be included on the printed map. Artists registering after April 1st will pay a $20 late fee and will only appear on the website.)
TOUR DATE: Saturday June 3rd & Sunday, June 4th, 2017
TIME: 11am-5 pm. (Artists must be present in their studio or exhibition space during these hours.)
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
1) Artists living or working in South Orange or Maplewood.
2) Guest Artists Living outside South Orange or Maplewood if they register at a friend’s studio or another venue in South Orange or Maplewood.
3) Venues: If you are a business or institution looking to show artists, please click here.
1) Fees: Artists from South Orange and Maplewood, -non-refundable $45 fee, whether exhibiting at a home studio or a venue. A $20 late fee will be charged to applications received after April 1st. Guest Artists -non-refundable $75 fee.
Artists may register online. If you wish to send a check instead of paying online via Paypal, please send your check to:
c/o 1978 Maplewood Arts Center
1978 Springfield Avenue, Maplewood, NJ 07040
Make checks payable to:1978 Arts Center.
2) Website / Paperwork: Registration is not complete until the paperwork is done in addition to paying the appropriate fee. Login into your profile on this website and make sure all the information is filled out. Each exhibiting artist must list their studio or tour venue as their exhibiting address so it will show on the interactive web map.
Note:· Guest artists are responsible for making their own arrangements for a space in SOMA and are only allowed to register if they have an appropriate location. Venues other than artist studios need to register separately from the artists. See Venues below. In the instance of a tour sponsored venue arranged by the tour committee, precedence will be given to local artists; guest artists will be given space if available.
3) Deadline for all applications is April 1, 2017. For applications received after April 1st, artists’ names will appear only on the website--not on the printed map / mailer.
For Venue Registration, please click here.